Duhdee and I came to a decision, finally, on the clinical trial. We decided that Monkey is doing so amazingly well on C.elexa (increased language, happier in general) *and* that since he’s just starting at a new school…it wasn’t fair to change his medications at this time. Soooooo…we emailed the amazing Dr. Nasir and asked him about increasing the C.elexa since he had mentioned he wanted to try some slight increases to see if Monkey had additional benefits.
Dr. Nasir called us back yesterday and said it was very interesting that we had brought up the C.elexa issue today because he had a notice on his desk from the manufacturer warning of heart risks at high doses. W.T.F.
He now wants to switch Monkey from C.elexa entirely. He doesn’t feel comfortable increasing the dose, even though it’s currently a tiny dose, given this information. Duhdee and I are back to considering the drug trial. We’re hoping Dr. Nasir and the study doctors can come up with an alternative for his anxiety that will allow him to participate in the trial afterall.
I said before that I would be disappointed if we couldn’t participate in the trial so I’m a little excited about the possibility of doing it afterall but…we just made up our minds! So much torture and now we get to start over…
***I’m rather amused to see what my related posts widget thinks is an appropriate similar post. Did it really have to come back to my liver???***