a Meme…so this one is all about me! Me!! ME!!!
1. Make a list of 5 things that you can see without getting up.
2. How do you style your hair?
I blow-dry my hair, upside down, every day. It’s the only way to get the volume at the roots I need and to reach the back of my hair6.
3. What are you wearing now?
Pink cupcake pajamas7.
4. What’s your occupation?
I am a Senior Corporate Paralegal at a large law firm. It is pretty much the tip-top of the game for someone such as me and I’m rather proud of that.8
5. What do you hear right now?
Monkey supervising the making of breakfast9. “Honey, cook! Cooking! Eggs!”
6. Who was the last person you hugged?
7. What is/was for dinner?
Not a clue, you’d have to ask Duhdee11.
8. What’s the last tv show you watched?
Wasted Spaces12 on HGTV.
9. Dog person or cat person?
Dog13. I like them in pairs or packs best. We have two now.
10. If you had to change your name, what would you change it to?
Chloe or Roxanne14.
11. What was the last thing that you bought?
Lunch, yesterday. Beef stew and a sourdough roll…yummmmm…
12. If you could afford to go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Everywhere. Top choices are: Australia15, Ireland and Kenya or Tanzania.
13. Where do you see yourself in five years?
Happier16, with a thriving and active LINKS group!
14. Favorite book?
I love to read, off the top of my head I would say The Stand by Stephen King or The Histories by Herodotus.
15. What are you doing this weekend?
16. If you could play any musical instrument, which one would you play?
Guitar…but I’d have to be able to sing too.
17. How are you?
I’m fine19, you?
Seriously though, I’m feeling the most energized and motivated I’ve felt in years, maybe ever, thanks in no small part to the circle of amazing Fragile X Moms & Dads we’ve found locally and not so locally. You want to hear something pathetic? I feel like this is the most friends20 I’ve had…ever. Two years ago I couldn’t have named more than 1 or 2 people I considered friends. That makes me so sad for that old me.
18. What are you looking forward to the most?
There are SO many things…but the breakfast tomorrow with some local FX moms is right at the very, tippy, top!
- He is never far when I am home. [↩]
- My garden gnome who spends his winters inside. [↩]
- The tank needs to be cleaned, noted. [↩]
- I need the Zebra Cleaning Collection, in pink! [↩]
- It is an old Vanity Fair cover. Good gravy he is nice to look at! [↩]
- Yes, it is too long again! [↩]
- It is before 3 PM on a Saturday, what else would I wear?? [↩]
- What I dislike most about it is that the work coordinator insists on calling us Seniors. I should ask if we qualify for a senior discount. [↩]
- Homemade corned-beef hash, eggs to order and toast. Yes, I AM spoiled. [↩]
- Of course. [↩]
- He probably does not know either. We did not menu plan this week and everything has been rather fly by the seat of your pants. [↩]
- I set up a ton of DIY and design shows to record, this one is not a keeper. [↩]
- Most emphatically. I am scared of cats, which means cats love me and insist on rubbing all over me and freaking me the hell OUT. [↩]
- These were the names my Mom and Dad had picked before they settled on my name. My mom is still obsessed with Chloe, she is holding out hope for a granddaughter, I suspect. Roxanne, well, I love my Dad and did not want him to feel left out but NO WAY IN HELL. The song was about a HOOKER, Dad! [↩]
- 2013, birches! [↩]
- Started my meds again, finally! [↩]
- Wahhhhhhh! [↩]
- They are going to try it here and if it is too much, they will go to a park since it should be really nice out. [↩]
- Universal code for most definitely NOT OK, right? [↩]
- Meaning people I feel comfortable sharing the real, goofy, moody, neurotic, guilt wracked me with. [↩]