Vicki at Holly Daze presented me with this award. THANKS!
The rules for this award are as follows…
Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
Show the 7 winners’ names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Scrap”.
List at least ten honest things about yourself.
- I am a total introvert and homebody but most people don’t realize it because I’ve discovered that I can hide it. Doing so comes with a cost though and sometimes I just can’t manage it. The entire time I’m getting ready I need to be left alone, on the way there I will not talk, once I’m there I’m fine, afterwards I need a nap. I’m just mentally and physically drained by socializing. My husband is a social butterfly and this all makes him nutty.
- I have a terrible memory about most things but random things stick in my head. I am full of useless trivia, I can recount conversations from a year ago and even remember exactly what we were doing and wearing but practical, useful information? *Poof* This will explain why I might be repeating some stuff I’ve told you before in this list although I’ll try not to.
- I hate the word Fraggle. That doesn’t mean I hate YOU if you use it though.
- I could have declared a minor in religion in college but elected not to. I read/studied the bible with a biblical scholar. I also studied Hinduism, Judaism, Buddism and a variety of Native American religious beliefs. I even have a Book of Mormon that a very nice young missionary gave to me on the bus one evening that I’ve found very interesting.
- I am an atheist. This is very upsetting to my parents so they don’t ever bring it up. I still celebrate Christian holidays though only in the most secular ways (Easter Bunny, Santa.)
- I am not one of those atheists. I don’t give a rat’s patootie if we have “In God We Trust” on our money, I have no problem with including God in the Pledge of Allegience, I don’t think public schools should be totally devoid of all references to religion but I do think they should be inclusive of the religions of all the students if they’re going to include references to any.
- Sometimes I will tell people I’m “praying” for them and I mean it. I see no problem in offering people comfort when they need it in a way that they most appreciate because, really, it’s not about me. I think that probably makes me a bad atheist but it’s not like they can kick me out of the “club”, right?
- Extremists of any type really grind my gears. Can’t we all just get along?
- I let Monkey watch “SpongeBob” even though I said I never would because I think SpongeBob is a total turd.
- I’ve always said I’ll never watch “reality TV” but I’ve started watching “Rock of Love” and “The Tool Academy” much to my embarassment. They are probably the very worst of the “reality” shows out there but I just can’t turn away.
I don’t know who hasn’t done this yet and I don’t have the mental energy to figure this out, pathetic, isn’t it? If you haven’t done this yet…TAG! You’re it.