Once again Tammy and Andy Selinger are hard at work organizing their one-day Fragile X conference. This year the conference is on Saturday, November 19th at the UConn Health Center in Farmington, CT ((Very close to Hartford.)). The topic will be “Successful Transitions – Planning for the Education and Employment Years.”
Vickie Sudhalter, PhD and Laurie Yankowitz, Ed.D will be the presenters.
**So that’s the OFFICIAL information**
The following are the top TEN reasons I think you should attend:
- If you haven’t yet attended one of Dr. Sudhalter’s presentations, you simply must! We absolutely LOVED her presentation at the International Fragile X Conference in Detroit last year. We came home with a lot of very useful information we used to advocate for Monkey.
- We haven’t yet seen Dr. Yankowitz present, we’ve heard great things about her presentation in New York in June ((Which we missed, boo hiss for back surgery!)) and we are really looking forward to seeing her.
- Tammy and Andy do a great job making sure there is information for all ages, because they are awesome like that. It is always a day well spent.
- It always very reasonably priced.
- They provide lunch!
- In the past, Dr. Picker and/or Sharyn Lincoln from Children’s Hospital Boston have attended and presented.
- There’s always a Q&A session after, which is nice. It’s good to be able to pick the experts’ brains and you don’t have to strictly stay on topic so if you have a question…bring it.
- We have also bumped into folks from Seaside Therapeutics which is pretty thrilling…psht…I even got a hug last year.
- Because I said so.
10. I will be there ((Obvs, that should have been reason Number 1 but I did not want you to stop reading there.)).