I am a big fan of random thoughts. Anyone who has known me for any length of time can attest to the fact that my brain…it is not linear. This is how I end up discussing cremation with my mother on Christmas day and laughing like a loon. Mom, if you can hold out until I’m at least 80, I’ll do it topless. *Ahem* That should paint a great picture for you folks! I’d like to say hi and wave to all the new folks who’ve stopped by recently. What you’re looking for, though, is here. Hopefully, no damage done.
So, where was I? Right, “did you know” pops out of my mouth so frequently I should just tattoo it on my forehead. No, not really! If I ever get a tattoo it will be a celtic knot that matches my very favorite necklace…totally true. But not on my forehead.
Good lord, I’ve done it again. Did you know…here are ten (more) random thoughts for the day…
Did you know:
- that if I’m reading a book I really and truly love, right down to my toes, I will periodically set it down and not read it for days at a time?
- I’m not sure why I torture myself like that?
- that when I was little I used to make up stories about little fairies that lived in my Christmas tree?
- that those stories always somehow included this awful plastic popcorn ornament that I thought was vomit until I was in college?
- that I always made sure to hang that ornament on the Christmas tree each year so I could put it in the back?
- that as soon as I told my mom all of this, she gave me the dang ornament to put on my tree?
- that I hang that ornament on my tree every year and put it in the front even though I still think it looks like vomit?
- that I have no idea why I continue to torture myself over that ornament?
- that I’ve never, ever, ever been able to get this story my brother once told me about pizza, beer and vomit out of my head and it’s been nearly 10 years? (Actually, a lot longer than 10…did you know I’m awful at simple math yet took 2 extra years of math out of sheer stubborness?)
- that on my 21st birthday my other brother took me out for “my first drink” and I vomitted in his (then) wife’s shoe?
- that I had no intention, whatsoever, of discussing vomit on the blog today and that I have no idea why I can’t stop thinking about that stupid popcorn wreath ornament?
Gosh, aren’t you so glad you stopped by today?