I was tagged days ago and I’m going to try to play along. It’s taken a while to come up with 7 (semi-interesting) things, lol. I’m not going to tag anyone…I think it’s made the rounds now!
1. I have a strange fascination with and strong fear of….VAMPIRES. I know they’re probably not real but I still can not sleep unless I have the covers pulled up over my neck even in the middle of the summer…as if that will help! I also cannot resist a good vampire book which probably means I’m a masochist.
2. I do not know left from right. If I take the time to look at my hands, I can figure it out but generally I just blurt out one or the other and I’m often wrong. And I’m the navigator in our family! Hubby just needs to remember to go the way I’m pointing and ignore the words coming out of my mouth.
3. To confuse the issue, I have a really good sense of direction. I know it sounds weird given the above but I remember places and I can just sort of picture in my mind where those places are in relation to one another. They’re usually tied up with some story in my head so I have to give directions by trying to remind Duhdee of the story I’m remembering and he’s not really very good at following directions like that. He’s all “HOW far?” “Left or Right?” And I’m trying to remind him of the cafe where we got that sandwhich 3 years ago…two intersections away from there. We somehow manage without killing each other.
4. I make up a “dance” for just about every activity but I’m getting better about only doing it at home. Sometimes I don’t even realize I’m doing it. My “Popcorn” dance never fails to amuse my husband.
5. I don’t like jewelry. I wear a wedding band but that is it and even that bugs me. I wanted to get rings tattooed on but Duhdee wouldn’t agree.
6. I love Elvis. I wanted to elope to Vegas and have an Elvis impersonator marry us but Duhdee wouldn’t agree to it. In fact, he was so convinced that I’d TRICK him into doing this that he refused to even consider visiting Vegas before we were safely wed in a traditional ceremony. I still have my fingers crossed for our 10 year anniversary.
7. Even though I live in the city and love the city…I’m a farmer deep down in my bones. I want nothing more than to buy a 100 acre farm somewhere to raise cows, chickens and pigs, grow my own vegetables, make my own soap, etc. and live off the grid. I really should have been a pioneer woman 😉
4 thoughts on “Seven things about me.”
I don’t wear jewelry either! It’s annoying. I also just wear a wedding band—not the engagement ring; it gets in the way. Diamonds mean NOTHING to me! I still need to post my 7 things—it takes me a while, too. 🙂
dude…we are so alike…its that whole fxs mutation thing I guess. My fear isn’t vampires…its aliens. And like you I must read about them or watch movies about them. Then I’m wideeyed all night long. I only know left from right cuz the left hand makes an L but I also have a great sense of direction!! I’m the map holder when I travel with my parents much to my moms chagrine. I also wanted to get rings tattooed but Kevin wasn’t impressed. I do wear my engagement ring and band but only because the ring holds the band in place…lol. And I’m #7 all the way!!
I am also amazed at how alike we are. I hate jewlery myself, can;t stand it, and sadly I lost my wedding ring, due to taking it off somewhere because it was bothering me and then forgetting and not being able to find it… I also am facinated with Vampires, use the L on my hand to determine direction, but always know where I am and inately how to get where I am going… What fun it s to learn about people.
I’d been wondering for a while if #2, 3 & 5 were FX related and now I’m really curious!