I will not say anymore on that right now because it will surely jinx it!
In school related news, we are now ramping up on the IEP process for next year. Monkey is due for his 3 year evaluations in March. We’re going to write a letter to the school asking for that to be done in June instead when we are ready to do his annual review. There are a few reasons why we need the delay, the biggest is money!
The school has none and will not be creating any new kindergarten classrooms next year, which was tossed around as the best placement for Monkey. They were considering creating an integrated kindergarten. That is off the table. We are facing mainstream or substantially separate as our choices.
We have *some* but it’s going to medical expenses at the moment. We need to save up a good chunk of change for the advocate and, possibly, special education attorney we are going to need to hire.
WHY would we need an attorney? Because if our choices are mainstream or substantially separate we’re going to do what it takes to get him in a mainstreamed kindergarten class WITH APPROPRIATE SUPPORTS (which has been in his IEP since he turned 3.) For Monkey, the appropriate support is going to involve an aide to keep him on task. The school says they don’t “do” aides. The advocate says the school does whatever the child needs.
This is going to be a trip.