Here, let me tell you how…
- Have the world’s most perfect, adorable baby.
- Find out that the world’s most perfect, adorable baby has fragile X syndrome.
- Fall into a years long depression, battle incessantly with anxiety…bonus points for adding a BIG HEAPING DOSE of guilt to that load.
- Meet some amazing, inspirational people…decide to be more like them, if you can.
- Find a drug that doesn’t cure your child but does make his life (and yours) a hell of a lot easier.
- Celebrate the joy of being a little more normal for FOUR LONG MONTHS! Dare to dream of things you long gave up on.
- Lose it all, in the blink of an eye.
Easy, peasy…except for the near constant stress of steps 1-5 and 7…it’s terrific fun! Sure, there’s weight gain (yay, stress eating), headaches, mental & emotional exhaustion, nightmares and a revisiting of that bastard depression but it’s all worth it for a nearly 2 1/2 minutes of video footage on the local news, right?
I wish I had stopped at step 6, in fact, I’d do anything to go back to step 6. That’s not going to happen for us. We have lost what we had and at this time there is no way to get it back. We’ve tried everything we know…we’ve begged, we’ve lobbied, we’ve shared our stories far and wide. And still…there is no going back.
Or…you can try this instead:
1. Buy a roomba.
2. Dress a cat like a shark.
(this story followed ours on the newscast)
That sounds way more fun, eh? I’d try that 2nd option first if you get a choice.
17 thoughts on “So you want to be on the local news?”
Bahahaha… the Roomba/cat/duck video!!!!!!!!!!!!! The rest, well… sigh. Thank YOU for being MY inspiration. <3
The news caster then commented that he’s like the cat, walking around at night bumping into walls which pretty much stunned his co-anchor and they both cracked up.
And he said it like it was normal. LMAO
Eric Welin liked this on Facebook.
Cara Zamelsky Capela liked this on Facebook.
Leah Sugarman liked this on Facebook.
Alli Cohen liked this on Facebook.
Barbara Tefft liked this on Facebook.
Holly Usrey Roos liked this on Facebook.
Daniela Sniadower liked this on Facebook.
#4: That is how I feel about you (and so many other FX ladies). The first option wouldn’t be my choice, but I’m sincerely glad I have met the amazing people I have along the way. It makes the bad a little easier.
Cortney, that step is the key to making the rest bearable <3
Marie Hemming Horowitz liked this on Facebook.
RT @basicallyfx: So you want to be on the local news?: http://t.co/YxsNSzTTPx #fragileX
Chelsea Owens liked this on Facebook.
RT @BasicallyFX: So you want to be on the local news?: http://t.co/5AaOdOuoew #fragileX
RT @basicallyfx: So you want to be on the local news?: http://t.co/JJRzlehvXu #fragileX